Tel: 01937 573367
1970s Detached House - Ilkley
Retrofit Survey & Improvements
1970s architect design detached stone property
Location: Ilkley, West Yorkshire
Work undertaken in July 2023
The client contacted Retrofit Projects in February 2023 and requested a whole house retrofit survey, including a thermal imaging survey. They were concerned about high heat loss and rising energy bills and wanted to make improvements to the home.
A detailed thermal imaging survey was carried out of the property, highlighting areas of significant heat loss to the bedrooms. The original insulation work in the house was carried out in the 1970s and the property was very poorly insulated at that time.
The client’s priority was to improve the comfort of the first-floor bedrooms.
The survey and report provided by Retrofit Projects allowed the client to fully appreciate the extent of the work required and the expected costs and duration of the project.
- High performance Insulation system applied to the bedroom and dining room ceilings. Sections of the sloping ceilings in the bedrooms had minimal insulation, there was limited insulation present in these areas.
- An old leaking Velux window was removed and new Insulation boards were inserted between the ceiling rafters.
- All gaps were sealed, and joints taped.
- High performance laminated thermal boards were fixed to the rafters, and the entire ceiling and outer walls of each bedroom were over-boarded with thermal boards and skimmed.
- The room was decorated and back in use within 10 days.
All work undertaken is covered by a full guarantee on both labour and materials.
Contact us for help or advice:
Request a Callback
Contact us for advice or to arrange your FREE, no obligation quote: