Tel: 01937 573367
Thermal Imaging Survey
Detached House, York
Detached brick-built house near York, North Yorkshire
- Built around 1992
- High heating costs
- Minimal insulation
The owners of this 26-year-old detached brick-built house contacted Retrofit Projects as they knew that there was a problem with cold draughts and cold areas in the property, especially in the kitchen. But they could not work out why the house was only 26 years old and it should have been insulated to a good standard. It also had older type timber framed double-glazing.
Why was a thermal imaging survey so useful in this case?
We were able to carry out a thermal imaging survey that clearly demonstrated where the heat was escaping, and the cold in the form of draughts was getting into the house.
- We found that external cavity walls were not insulated
- There were missing sections of loft insulation at the edge of the ceilings
- The existing old timber window frames were not A-rated or energy efficient
- The side wall between the utility room and garage was not properly insulated at the time of construction
- Walls that the customer assumed were insulated were not
- A survey to determine if the cavity wall was suitable for insulation and which was the best system to have installed
- Quotation for cavity wall insulation using the EPS bonded bead system
- Improved and better fitted loft insulation, especially above the kitchen ceiling
- Thermal hood /covers for the spot lights, to ensure that loft insulation was correctly fitted
- New PVCu A-rated energy efficient windows as and when windows are to be replaced
- Further measures like thermal lining external walls which can be carried out prior to decorating
"Very detailed survey with very useful information."
Mr Aitchison, York
Contact us for help or advice:
Request a Callback
Contact us for advice or to arrange your FREE, no obligation quote: