Tel: 01937 573367
1970s Barn Conversion - Baildon
Retrofit Survey & Insulation Work
1970s detached stone-built barn conversion
Location: Baildon, West Yorkshire
Work undertaken in July 2023
The client contacted Retrofit Projects in December 2022 and requested a whole house retrofit survey, including a thermal imaging survey. They were concerned about heat loss and rising energy bills and wanted to make significant improvements to their home.
A detailed survey was carried out of the property, highlighting areas of significant heat loss. The original barn conversion work was carried out in the 1970s and the property was very poorly insulated at that time with some sections having no insulation at all.
The client’s priority was to improve the comfort of the main living room.
The property needed significant up-grading and modernisation to make it warmer and more comfortable for the future.
The survey and report provided by Retrofit Projects allowed the client to fully appreciate the extent of the work required and the expected costs and duration of the project.
- High performance Insulation system applied to the main living room ceilings
- Sections of the sloping ceilings in the main living room were removed - there was no insulation present at all in these areas.
- Insulation boards were inserted between the ceiling rafters.
- All gaps were sealed, and joints taped.
- Uninsulated pipes were protected.
- High performance laminated thermal boards were fixed to the rafters, and the entire ceiling was over-boarded with thermal boards and skimmed.
- The room was decorated and back to use within 2 weeks.
All work undertaken is covered by a full guarantee on both labour and materials.
Contact us for help or advice:
Request a Callback
Contact us for advice or to arrange your FREE, no obligation quote: