Tel: 01937 573367
1960s Bungalow - Ilkley
Detached stone and brick built dormer bungalow, constructed around 1960
Location: Ilkley West Yorkshire
Start date: June 2021
The property was first constructed in the 1960s, and had no insulation to the roof or the external walls.
A detailed home energy review was carried out by Retrofit Projects, the retrofit assessment revealed that there was minimal insulation to the property, and less than 25mm of insulation to the loft space, heat loss was significant, leading to cold rooms and damp and mould issues.
Using our project management services, we have identified a number of areas of the home that can be insulated, given that the client was planning various improvements to the property, and a new roof, this presented a fantastic opportunity to both improve the home, and upgrade the insulation to every part of the property.
Taking a Fabric first approach, we identified the following work and provided detailed specifications for each element.
- A full re-roof to both the sloping elements and the flat dormer roof`s, creating a warm roof system over the entire property.
- Insulating the dormers to the sides and fronts behind the old cedar cladding.
- Cavity wall Insulation using the EPS bonded bead system.
- Under floor insulation to the property, fitted below the ground floors.
- Insulating the garage ceiling and walls, which were not insulated.
- Upgrading the old timber windows over time to better quality double glazed frames.
- Triple glazed roof lights that allowed greater light into the building to the bedrooms and landing area.
Contact us for help or advice:
Request a Callback
Contact us for advice or to arrange your FREE, no obligation quote: