Tel: 01937 573367
1930s Semi-detached House - York
1930s detached brick-built property
Work undertaken between May – August 2023
The clients contacted Retrofit Projects in January 2023 and requested a whole house retrofit survey, including a thermal imaging survey. They were concerned about high heat loss and rising energy bills and wanted to make improvements to the home.
The homeowners wanted to consider a heat pump and other renewables, ensuring that the property was well insulated.
A detailed thermal imaging survey was carried out of the property, highlighting areas of significant heat loss to the bedrooms and all external walls. The original house had been extended, however the insulation in the older parts was not to a high standard.
The client’s priority was to improve the comfort of the first-floor bedrooms and to make the property ready for a new heating system.
The survey and report provided by Retrofit Projects allowed the client to fully appreciate the extent of the work required, including the expected costs and duration of the project.
Prior to carrying out any new insulation work, the exterior fabric of the property needed significant improvements.
- The house was fully repointed, working with a specialist contractor.
- Barge boards were replaced and decorated.
- High performance Insulation system applied to the bedroom external walls.
- Internally work is ongoing, each room will be insulated.
- High performance laminated thermal boards were fixed to the external walls, and the boards were skimmed, ready for decoration.
- A new radiator is to be fitted in the room, taking advantage of the exposed floor boards.
- The room was decorated and back in use within 10-14 days.
All work undertaken is covered by a full guarantee on both labour and materials.
Contact us for help or advice:
Request a Callback
Contact us for advice or to arrange your FREE, no obligation quote: