Tel: 01937 573367
Retrofit Insulation Project
Mid Terrace in York
Victorian terrace house, renovation and insulation retrofit in York
- Refurbishment and retrofit project
- Start date: June 2019 (3-4 month project)
The clients contacted Retrofit projects in May 2019 to discuss renovating an older terrace property that had been left empty for a number of years.
Following a thorough inspection of the building it was clear that the property was suffering from severe dampness and condensation, and was in need of a major renovation and refurbishment.
Black mould was also covering some external walls and there were significant damp and structural issues and defects leading to various leaks and internal damage.
The property needed significant up-grading and modernisation to make it warmer and more comfortable for the future.
The survey and report provided by Retrofit Projects allowed the client to fully appreciate the extent of the work required, and the expected costs and duration of the project.
- New insulated ground floors.
- IWI, internal wall insulation to some external walls.
- Extensive internal and external remedial work to deal with penetrating damp.
- Extensive re-plastering with breathable renovating plasters.
- Removal of old damp and uneven concrete floors.
- Replacement concrete floors with added Insulation.
Contact us for help or advice:
Request a Callback
Contact us for advice or to arrange your FREE, no obligation quote: