Tel: 01937 573367
Damp Proofing & Plastering York
Brick built semi-detached 1940s house in York
- Refurbishment and retrofit project
- Start date: May 2013 (2-3 month project)
The clients contacted Retrofit Projects in 2013 to discuss dealing with a long term damp problem in their property. Rising damp had been a problem for a number of years to most of the ground floor walls.
Following a thorough inspection of the property it was clear that the home was suffering from severe dampness caused by a concrete floor that had bridged the original slate damp proof course. There were significant structural issues and defects leading to various cracks and internal damage to a number of walls.
The property needed significant repairs and replastering as well as further modernisation to make it drier and more comfortable for the future.
Two old fireplaces were renovated and enlarged, which enabled the client to consider wood burning stoves.
- Removal of part of the concrete floors to the perimeter of the room
- Tanking slurry and repairs to the concrete floors
- Damp proof course and specialist re-plastering to the lower part of the internal walls
- Mastic asphalt screed to the whole ground floor area
- New concrete lintels to the existing fireplaces
Contact us for help or advice:
Request a Callback
Contact us for advice or to arrange your FREE, no obligation quote: